Mantras are specific sound or vibrations that create desired effects in your physiology and life. Chanting them is a powerful healing practice that can help heal your mind, body and spirit from within.
The ancient sages of the world created mantras to heal and transform. Often, they were designed to target specific chakras or energy centers.
Each chakra contains habitual patterns that enable our life force to interact with different physical, emotional, mental, sexual or spiritual energies. When we chant a chakra mantra, we clear these patterns and tap into an energy field of possibilities beyond the ones we've always known.
There are a multitude of chakra mantras to choose from:
1. Om, the highest positive vibration in our universe that raises the vibrations of our being and aligns us with the whole.
2. YAM, the cleansing mantra that opens our Heart Chakra and heals both the physical heart and spiritual (emotional) heart center.
3. LAM, the cleansing mantra that keeps our Root Chakra grounded and connected to the earth.
4. The syllable “OM” has been found to have a calming effect on the brain, reducing stress and boosting mood.
5. Many mantras also have a healing effect on the throat and sinus cavities, which can lead to relief from sinus infections.
6. Mantras can increase the production of nitric oxide, which has been shown to improve blood flow, regulate nerves and strengthen immune systems.
In addition, chanting has been shown to have a beneficial effect on warding off dementia. This is because chanting can enhance cerebral blood flow, which reduces the risk of Alzheimer's and other forms of vascular dementia.