Measuring hair length is a nice practice that helps you to see how well your hair grows and how healthy it is. This is also a great way to document your progress and find out if you are meeting your hair goals.
The first step is to choose the method that will work best for you. There are several options, including measuring tapes, rulers and comparison photographs.
1. Combing the entire hair back and measuring from your middle hairline to the end of your hair in the back is one of the most common methods. It can be a little inaccurate, but it is one of the easiest and most effective ways to measure hair length.
2. Using a regular measure tape or ruler and stretching a hair is another method for measuring hair length. This is a more precise method and should be used if you are measuring your hair for a wig or donation purposes, as it will provide an accurate measurement.
3. Taking comparison photos of your hair over time is another popular way to measure your hair length. These are often shared on social media and can be very interesting to see over time.
4. Hair type is a huge factor in how well you will be able to measure your hair. This is because different hair types have different lengths and are harder to compare to each other.
5. The Hair Length Chart is an excellent tool for getting an accurate measurement, however it does not always give you the exact length that you would like.